In this session we will have group presentations for the following titles:
- Tomlinson, C.A. Integrating Differentiated Instruction and Understanding by Design
- Daniels, H., Zemelman, S., & Steineke, N. Content Area Writing
- Harvey, S. & Goudvis, A. Strategies That Work
- Presentation slides: click here
- Tovani, C. I Read It, but I Don’t Get It
In each presentation, students will run the class for 20 minutes. They will present the book, share a strategy from it, and provide a handout for us. I’m looking forward to what they will teach us!
NOTE: These presentations might give you some ideas for strategies you might like to incorporate into your unit plan (due Tuesday, 6/30).
Also, I thought you might be interested in the following links to articles, podcasts, and videos, shared on Twitter by your classmates and myself, which relate to our ongoing discussions:
“For a Teacher, Back-to-Back Marathons, Then Fourth-Graders” http://nyti.ms/1GxhM2v